Sue Oberg attended the 2015 OGA Annual Meeting last week.
In attendance: OGA CEO, OGA Executive Committee, OGA staff and program chairs, Representatives from PNGA, Evans Scholar Foundation, USGA, Directors from about 100 clubs (of 320) represented.
Highlights of Reports at the Meeting
- OGA members down from 50,000 in past 10 years, 41000 members in 2015 (500 down from 2014)
- Areas of Growth:
-WIP (Women’s Interclub Play), 22 Teams, 276 players
– Youth on course: 32 courses participating, 626 junior golfers (supported by donations)
– OGA tour participation (in state tournaments)
– Volunteer base – 285 (tournaments, rating)
– Hosting 115th USGA Women’s Amateur at Portland Golf Club, hosting USGA Women’s 4 ball at Bandon Dunes
– About 260 regular (real estate clubs, i.e. CWGA) and 60 associate clubs (not associated with a golf club)
- Interactive OGA website: check out these on the website:
- Rules of Golf Explained: http://www.usga.org/rules-hub/rules-of-golf-explained-trainers–series.html
- Rules Quizzes: http://www.usga.org/RulesQuiz/rules_quizzes.html
- Post a Score: http://oga.org/handicaps/post-score
- Oregon Golf Passport:http://oga.org/membership/2015-exploreoregongolf-passport (play more than 50 courses, golf and cart for no more than $30)