The 2017 OGA Annual Meeting was held October 23rd. In attendance: OGA CEO, OGA Executive Committee, OGA staff and program chairs, Representatives from PNGA, Evans Scholar Foundation, USGA, PNGA, Directors from 80 clubs (including Sue Oberg our OGA Director representing CWGA)
Here are some highlights from the meeting (Sue’s full report is attached below for your review):
– Charbonneau Golf Club – Golf Club of the Year
Charbonneau Golf Club was awarded “Golf Club of the Year” for its work in helping grow the game. The club itself has worked with the Wilsonville High School Girls Golf Team, giving free instruction to players and even having some students work in the pro shop. The Charbonneau Niners Club has donated over $6,000 to the girl’s golf team the past eight years, and has donated clubs and other materials to players.
– Our OGA CEO Barbara Trammell named 2017 PGA Professional Of The Year.
– OGA Income on par with budget
– Oregon hosted the 115th USGA Women’s Amateur at Portland Golf Club and will host the US Amateur Championship at Eugene Country Club in 2018
– USGA creating a World Handicap System (different handicap organizations provide handicaps for 15 million golfers in 80 countries) to be in place in 2020
– New GHIN platform to be introduced next fall
– Rules Modernization Project Review on going. Rules Modernization to take effect in 2019
– OGA golf dues will remain at $35 (each member pays this to OGA as part of their membership dues) for 2018
Where does this money go?
– Handicapping/Course Rating $8 (22.9%)
– Championships/Tour/Rules $4.50 (12.9%)
– Marketing/Partnerships/Promo $5 (14.3%)
– Administration $5.50 (15.7%)
– OGA Golf Course Support $2 (5.7%)
– Junior Golf Support $2 (5.7%)
– PNGA Membership $1 (2.9%)
– Evans Scholarship Foundation $1 (2.9%)
– Debt Service and Reserve $6 (17%)
– Benefits of Membership for all OGA members include: Employee Store Access to Columbia Sportswear, Nike and Adidas; Infinity Travel & Leisure discounts up to 70%; Ticket savings for Oregon/Oregon State MBB & FB games and Portland Trail Blazer games; Members only Pricing at Chambers Bay (Dupont, WA) and OGA course.