NOTICE FROM CWGA PRESIDENT
During this difficult time, it is important for all CWGA members to be safe themselves and to protect our friends and fellow players. For these reasons, CWGA is implementing the following guidelines. If we are diligent and follow both the Governor’s Order and our CWGA guidelines, we can continue to enjoy golf at Charbonneau until this crisis is over. If members are not able to consistently comply the guidelines, we will suspend all CWGA Days Play for the safety of us all. Your cooperation is critical at this time.
Please note that the April 7 New Member Orientation has been cancelled.
The following Social Distancing CWGA Guidelines will be in effect beginning April 9 and remain in effect until further notice
- Continue Days Play with players determining if they are comfortable playing or not.
- No exchange of scorecards and no games. Neither Days Play Committee or Pro will handle any scorecards.
- Call in to the Pro Shop only for reserving times for Days Play (see notes below). No notebooks or sign-up in Club Room.
- No congregating of persons in Pro Shop, patio and putting green that would place people closer than 6 feet distance apart – no buying mulligans, raffle tickets, check-in, etc.
- Only 1 person per electric cart whether personal or rented.
- Keep social distance of at least 6 feet on fairways, greens and tee boxes.
CWGA Members will need to sign-up through the Pro Shop
CWGA members will need to call the Pro Shop to reserve tee times for Thursday’s Play Days.
Reserved tee times for Thursdays are:
18 holes — 8:38 to 10:28 and 9 holes — 9:03 to 9:55
CWGA members will need to identify themselves as members for these reserved tee times. Tuesday at Noon the week of play is the cut off to reserve these tee times. The Pro Shop requests a 24 hour cancellation.
Thursday, April 9 — CWGA Opening Day
Members who have already signed up – names have been turned into the Pro Shop.
Members who have not signed-up will need to contact the Pro Shop to put your name on the list.
The format is a four-person scramble with tee times. You will be contacted by the Days Play Committee by email for your tee time.
Deadline to sign-up is NOON Thursday, April 2
Questions Contact: Diane Meyers
Posting Scores for Handicap Purposes
CWGA members will post score for all Days Play events.
Players will keep their own scores and will post using the GHIN app or at home online. No posting allowed on the Club Room computer.
Due to the changes made in the golf course as a result of the COVID19 virus, all scores posted will be “Most Likely Score” in accordance with USGA Guidelines.
In order to determine your Most Likely Score, players will count all strokes taken on the hole to reach the green and add strokes as follows once on the green:
- If the first putt hits the raised cup liner – count that as 1 stroke and pick up.
- Otherwise, continue to putt until the ball is within 5 feet of the cup counting all putts.
- Once the ball is within 5 feet of the hole, add 1 stroke and pick up.
- Players do not need to hit the cup liner to be considered holed out.
Questions contact Suzanne Hatton, Rules Committee Chair