The Green and Golf Committee and the Board of Directors of the CGC have approved a new document for distribution–Golf Cart Etiquette and Rules of the Road.
Over the last year, the course experienced a large increase in the
number of rounds and subsequently a large increase of traffic on the cart paths. We anticipate further increase in cart path traffic as the Activities Center and renovation of the CCC is completed.
Rose Mason, CWGA Green and Golf Committee representative
Golf Cart Etiquette and Rules of the Road
If you use a cart on the golf course, be aware of golf cart etiquette and safety. These rules are designed for your safety, and to protect the turf on the fairways and greens. Golfers on the course will always take precedent over golf carts or walkers travelling on the cart paths. Follow instructions on posted signs. Avoid driving through roped or staked off areas on the course.
Driving Safety and Care of Turf
- Keep all carts 30 Feet from all greens and on the cart path by the tee boxes.
- Keep entire cart (all 4 wheels) on cart path to park by the tee boxes or collars of the green.
- When possible please observe 90-degree rule when entering fairway.
- Use common sense and do not drive close to water hazards, grassy mounds, or bunkers.
- Avoid driving across extreme slopes, slow down when going down or across hills, do not turn when on a slope, and always set the parking brake when parking on a slope.
- Avoid driving a cart through mud, on or off the fairway.
- Be careful of driving through casual water on any part of the golf course.
- Making sharp turns or speeding along in the cart and coming to a sudden stop, can damage the turf grass.
- For your safety and for the safety of your passenger, do not drive the cart in front of other players in your group or another group.
- If a golfer is about to swing or attempt a putt, slow down as you approach and stop the cart until the golfer has completed his or her stroke.
- A “cart-path-only rule” is exactly what it sounds like: Keep your golf cart on the designated cart path at all times. Do not drive onto the grass.