CWGA 2021 Schedule
Click the link below to view our 2021 Schedule:
Here’s the latest on preparing for the 2021 CWGA season of golf. Handicapping, establishing your new Digital GHIN Profile and password, and preparing to sign up for Days Play and scrambles.
The Green and Golf Committee and the Board of Directors of the CGC have approved a new document for distribution–Golf Cart Etiquette and Rules of the Road.
Over the last year, the course experienced a large increase in the
number of rounds and subsequently a large increase of traffic on the cart paths. We anticipate further increase in cart path traffic as the Activities Center and renovation of the CCC is completed.
Rose Mason, CWGA Green and Golf Committee representative
Golf Cart Etiquette and Rules of the Road
If you use a cart on the golf course, be aware of golf cart etiquette and safety. These rules are designed for your safety, and to protect the turf on the fairways and greens. Golfers on the course will always take precedent over golf carts or walkers travelling on the cart paths. Follow instructions on posted signs. Avoid driving through roped or staked off areas on the course.
Driving Safety and Care of Turf
- Keep all carts 30 Feet from all greens and on the cart path by the tee boxes.
- Keep entire cart (all 4 wheels) on cart path to park by the tee boxes or collars of the green.
- When possible please observe 90-degree rule when entering fairway.
- Use common sense and do not drive close to water hazards, grassy mounds, or bunkers.
- Avoid driving across extreme slopes, slow down when going down or across hills, do not turn when on a slope, and always set the parking brake when parking on a slope.
- Avoid driving a cart through mud, on or off the fairway.
- Be careful of driving through casual water on any part of the golf course.
- Making sharp turns or speeding along in the cart and coming to a sudden stop, can damage the turf grass.
- For your safety and for the safety of your passenger, do not drive the cart in front of other players in your group or another group.
- If a golfer is about to swing or attempt a putt, slow down as you approach and stop the cart until the golfer has completed his or her stroke.
- A “cart-path-only rule” is exactly what it sounds like: Keep your golf cart on the designated cart path at all times. Do not drive onto the grass.
Here is the proposed 2021 budget for consideration on February 3. Click below:
Board Meeting February 3rd at 9 am will be done on Zoom (Zoom invitation sent yesterday).
Attached please find:
Board Meeting Agenda,
Oct.7th 2020 Board Minutes,
2021 Calendar of Events
Please send additions for Board Meeting Agenda to Terry Borst (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1st
The USGA GHIN will make a CHANGE!! If you share a email with your spouse your mobil app will no longer work, you will need have a separate email address. This change was scheduled to happen last year but was delayed. Please add your new email address to the CWGA Membership Application form and/or send it to email@example.com or you can call me 503-705-3920.
Please click and read GHIN Digital Profile below:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Just a couple of quick reminders.
There will be no CWGA Board meeting in January.
The next CWGA Board meeting with be Wednesday,
February 3rd, 9 am via Zoom. Two of the agenda items will be approving the 2021 calendar and budget.
An email will be sent late January asking for additional items.
Terry Borst and Laurie Bales
Melissa Gilley has invited you to join the Meal Train for Jim Gibbons
What is a meal train?
When a friend is in need, everyone asks “What can I do to help?” The answer is always to provide support through a meal. When many friends provide support through a meal, this is a Meal Train.
mealtrain.com is a free meal calendar tool that makes planning meals among a wide group easy and less stressful.
Please share this email with others who might be interested.
A link to the Meal Train for Jim is added to the bottom of this message.
This is free website – no cost or obligation to view the calendar or learn how you might help Jim.
You can view the Meal Train by clicking the following button.
This message was sent by Melissa Gilley. To respond, simply reply to this message.
Two days to go for CWGA $5 discount on 2021 CWGA Membership:
Click form below for 2021 Application good through December 31st.
Also: Two days to spend your credits in the Pro Shop. Credit money will be gone January 1sr.